Autumn greetings, families!
· THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS! – Thanks to Christina Ridlbauer and Andrea Orest for teaming up to deliver milk for our students on a weekly basis. Your time is appreciated!
· LUNCH ON MONDAY, 9/30 - Chili soup! This update is also included on the attached September calendar.
· DATES TO REMEMBER:
o Wednesday-Friday this week - MAPS Testing for Wolves and Lynx. Please ensure your students in these grades have adequate sleep and a nutritious breakfast to allow them to do their best work!
o Also Wednesday- Friday this week – Otters to Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center
o Monday, 9/30 – Oral Health Task Force Peek in the Mouth at GES. Information flyer coming home this week.
o Wednesday, 10/2/19 - National Walk to School Day. Watch for a participation permission ticket to come home with your student this week.
o Monday, 10/14/19 – School Picture Day - Information and order forms coming soon.
· MCA RESULTS – Results from (3rd-8th grade) MCA testing last spring are being mailed out this week. Call school if you have questions regarding these results.
· STAYING HEALTHY AT GES– Cold viruses, strep throat and lice are active in our community, including some GES classrooms. It is important to watch for symptoms and treat according to the attached information from the Minnesota Department of Health. (Classrooms with known strep or lice receive notification sent home with students).
· OPPORTUNITY FOR GIRLS - Ann Bancroft Foundation awards grants for Minnesota girls – Deadline October 1st.
Have a great week!