12/10/19 GES News
Chilly greetings, all!
This week brings the following events and information:
· CONFERENCES - Continue tonight and Thursday, 4:00-7:00 pm. Sign up using this link, or by calling the office: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080A4DAAAE2EA31-fall. Lynx and Otters parents may also meet with their child’s Math and Science teachers. Email Pete or Erik Hahn to set up a time: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· FOOD DRIVE – The Fawns will be collecting nonperishable food and toiletries for the Cook County Food Shelf until Wednesday, Dec. 18th. Please send items to school with your child to place in collection boxes in the classrooms. Thank you for thinking of others this time of year.
· WARM MITTENS! - With the bitter cold days we are noticing that many students are wearing thin, knit gloves to school. Please try to send warm, waterproof gloves or mittens with your child since they do play outside even in the cold. If you have any warm gloves or mittens you could donate to school, they would be much appreciated!
· GREAT LUNCH UPDATE – The Great Expectations Foundations/Great Lunch Committee has hired two experienced individuals to prepare lunch at GES on a daily basis, to begin after Winter Break. However, there is still a need next week on Monday and Wednesday for volunteers to prepare Turkey Wild Rice Soup and Tator Tot Hotdish in order to serve lunch. Please contact Angie if you can help! (email@example.com or 218-370-9301). Prepping the night ahead also helps if that works better for you schedule.
· WINTER BREAK – begins Friday, 12/20 and runs through Wednesday, 1/1. School resumes on Thursday, January 2nd.